Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January Cure #12 Media fast



I knew I needed this. Every year during the January Cure there has been one night to enjoy your home without electronics, and for some reason I don't look forward to it, even though I know it will be both fine and fun. I might be addicted to my phone a little bit, so when I try to limit my screen time I usually fail (except from organized events like this one and Skjermfri uke).

When I came home from work yesterday I was very strict, put my phone away and reminded Mike that there could not be any TV-watching that night. And then I did so much! I read for probably 2 hours (not the books above though), I made granola and a DIY bathroom spray, prepped smoothies and worked on a knitting project. It was a lot of fun, but the impulses to check my phone were quite strong at times. I only looked at the screen once to check for messages, but without unlocking it. Even before going to bed, I just checked my alarm! Today on the other hand... lets not talk about it.

Any suggestions for how to implement more screen-free time in your daily life?

PS. These old bound newspapers were observed in the Skien library archives. I love looking at all the old books in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...