Saturday, January 16, 2016

DIY Green kitchen cleaner


For Christmas I put essential oils on my wish list because I have been curious to try making my own cleaners. The last months I have been reading books and websites about a greener lifestyle, and I realized I want to be more conscious about what we eat and the products we use. Making cleaners is one of the easiest things to do to make your home a little healthier and minimize the use of harsh chemicals. 

I ordered spray bottles on ebay, and used the following three ingredients to create kitchen spray: vinegar, lemon and essential oils. Vinegar prevents bacteria growth, removes odours and discoloring, and lemon removes dirt and stains. In addition, eucalyptus works well against grease, which you find plenty of in the kitchen. 

For these 300 ml bottles I used 

- 1,5 dl water
- 0,75 dl vinegar
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 10 drops essential oil. I used lemongrass and eaculyptus

Mix everything in the bottle, shake well, and you're done!

There are plenty of recipes online for window spray, bathroom spray and more, 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...