Monday, May 19, 2014

Restyle: Floppy straw hat



When we cleaned out our office building, I found this straw hat. In all likelihood it would have ended up on the dump if I hadn´t rescued it in the 12th hour... That sounds little dramatic perhaps, just like the drama of this huge floppy hat! I think it will be perfect for the summer, on the beach or in the park, providing some shade for my fair skin. The rose ribbon was the only problem. An easy fix, as all I had to do was to rip it off and attach a new one.


I used a glue gun to attach the new black ribbon, and secured it with a few stitches here and there around the hat, just like they had done with the old ribbon. Now the hat looks a lot more classy, and I am ready for some hot summer days.


And my hat box was almost used for its intended purpose, it is just slightly too small. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...