Monday, February 17, 2014

Adorned in Grace: About wedding veils



My roommate can testify to the fact that I love to research. I have spent countless hours on Etsy searching for shoes, paper goods, decor, dresses and on and on, including veils. At first I looked into tutorials on how to make veils from scratch. A lot of veil styles are very simple to make, you basically only need tulle cut to the length you want, and a comb to sew it on. As a matter of fact, I made a veil for a friend of a friend once. It was very easy, and took less than an hour to make. If you are slightly crafty, there is a lot of money to be saved if you chose to make your veil yourself.

Here are a couple of veil tutorials if you are interested: 

With this in mind I started looking at tulle and lace, and even ordered samples of a polka-dotted tulle. See the result below. (By the way, what do you think of that idea? )



But then I found some really pretty vintage wedding veils and I was sold. Adorned in Grace is a charity that sells bridal and formal wear, and all the proceeds go to the fight against human trafficking. I ordered one that is probably from the 70s, and it is in perfect condition. I am quite excited to be able to wear something vintage and used (within my stopshop criteria), and supporting a small business and a good cause at the same time!

Would you wear a vintage veil?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...