Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Land of Narnia



Lately I have been reading the Narnia series. It is actually the first time I am reading the books. I knew some of the stories from the old BBC series they sent on TV every Christmas and the recent movies that came out. But there is so much that has to be left out when you make a story into moving pictures. And some of them I knew nothing about, like "The Horse and His Boy." When I have finished the last two I might pick a favorite, but so far it seems like that will be a hard task.

The books are written for children, so they are a quick read, but at the same time, there is so much eternal truth about God and man and how we live our lives. This week marked the 50th anniversary of C.S. Lewis´ death, and media has been flooded by testimonies of his influence, through his life and literature. I will join the choir and gladly say I am old enough to read fairy tales again.

Do you have a favorite Narnia book? Or perhaps another fairy tale you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...