Saturday, November 9, 2013

A longing fulfilled is a tree of life


Many many moons ago I joined a book club, and when I convinced my friend to join as well, I got a cooking kit from said book club as a thank you gift. I still use the pots and pans, and they work fine. This must be at least 9 years ago, since I remember unpacking and using these things in my apartment in Oslo as a student from 2004-2005. There was also a hand blander in this kit (or perhaps it was from the baking kit from the same book club? I cant remember.)

While cleaning my cupboards earlier this year, I got rid of this mixer. The blades were dull and I never used the handheld whisk since I had another (better) one for that purpose. Since I had an ordinary blender I thought I would be fine. That was until the end of May, when my cheap 4,5 year old blender suddenly died in the middle of making a smoothie...

Fast forward 5 months, and imagine my excitement when unwrapping a brand new Braun hand blender at my birthday party! It is such a joy to have friends who know me well and give good gifts. It also a greater pleasure to receive something I have been wanting for a long time. If you haven´t made a wish list yet, I warmly recommend it.


Illustration of Proverbs 13:12 by artist Kyle Steed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...